Sunday, February 5, 2012

Komen Debacle

Gripe #4 from the Saturday 02/04/2012 Wisconsin State Journal:

Komen Debacle

The whole Komen debacle. What can I say about this? Well. It always seemed to me that they were doing a good thing and it appears that after a lot of flip flopping they are going to continue to do a good thing. What do I really take away from it. Two things mostly. First: If you're in the "business" of helping people in any way medically it would be a good idea to not bring politics into it.... Second: It, in my mind, tarnishes the Komen name and I can only imagine that in the long run it will probably hurt their fund-raising abilities from possibly both sides of the issues(and yes, I said in the long run. I'm quite aware that there was an approximate one million dallar spike in donations after this weeks announcement).

No comments:

Post a Comment